Attention DSMX users: This kit is not compatible with DSMX equipped transmitters. Please purchase the DSMX compatible kit for your DX6i DSMX model.
***This is a Backlight Kit only, no LCD screen or Transmitter included***
LCD Screen Backlight Kit for SpekTrum DX6i Transmitter
Our backlight kits have many advantages and are of much higher quality comparing to low cost traditional or DIY or LED backlight. This backlight kit is intended to help you see the transmitter screen in low-light condition. Great for night flying and also add unique custom looks to your TX.
We designed this kit with one thing in mind, low power consumption. The advantage is that the light can stay on as long as your transmitter is on without draining too much of your battery. You will hardly notice any difference in term of power loss, however if you are running stock NiMH pack of 1500mAh or lower, we highly recommend upgrading to the Sanyo Eneloop 2000mah batteries as those will last much longer.
Backlit screen is a huge advantage for those that like to fly at night or simply want to make your radio looks unique. The backlight also double as an alarm which let you know your radio is on, lots of people forgot to turn off their radio after flying resulting in blown fuses, puffed lipo pack due to overdischarge, and worse case the puffed lipo could start a fire destroying your expensive radio.
- Pre-assembled and ready to be installed.
- Custom fitted backlight panel for easy self-installation.
- Low power consumption from 32-35mA.
- High quality and low noise EL driver (made in USA).
- High quality switching Voltage Regulator (made in USA by Dimension Engineering).
- Consistent brightness: as battery voltage gets lower, the brightness of backlight stay the same.
- Optimal backlight brightness so the screen is not extremely bright.
- Only two wires to solder to two fairly large pads.
- Available in blue or white color.
- Includes full details color installation instruction.
- External switch can be installed (sold separately).
- PRO version is available with auto-off timer.
- Color options: Blue or White.
- Power consumption:
Attention DSMX users: This kit is not compatible with DSMX equipped transmitters.
- Disassembly of your TX and LCD screen assembly.
- Have basic electronic soldering skill and the required tools (soldering iron, screw drivers, hobby knife, etc.).
- This mod will void your warranty but included a very detailed step by step instructions with color pictures to make the process as easy as possible, you simply can't go wrong.
Installation service (optional):
If for some reason you are not able to do this on your own or unable to seek a professional to do it for you, we offers installation service with limited warranty. Just add this item + the installation service to your shopping cart, complete the order, and I will send you instruction on where to send your transmitter in for service. Turn around will roughly be around 1-2 weeks from the time we received your transmitter.
This product is under limited warranty of 60-day once delivered against any functional defects otherwise described. This Warranty does not cover damages to your Radio or LCD screen due to improper installation by end users and will be voided if the product has been modified by end users. Should the backlight stopped working within the warranty period, please contact us for repair or replacement RMA. Although we have extensively tested our backlight kit and it is completely safe to install, this warranty do not over in part or whole of any damages that may occur on your transmitter during or after installing this backlight kit.